Terms & Policies
Release and Waiver of Liability
Asian Classics Institute, Inc (ACI) is a non-profit religious institution, run by a volunteer and paid staff. The Staff and Board of ACI does everything they can to keep participants, visitors, volunteers and staff safe and comfortable. We encourage you always to inform us of anything you see that requires attention.
1. The information I have provided is complete and accurate.
2. I understand that I am choosing to participate in this program offered by Asian Classics Institute Mexico, during which I may receive instruction about yoga, dance, health and wellness. I recognize that yoga and dance require physical exertion that can be strenuous. I am fully aware of the risks involved.
3. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult with a physician prior to and regarding my participation in this program. I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and have no medical conditions that would prevent me from participating. I assume full responsibility for any injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur as a result of participating. I knowingly, voluntarily, and expressly, waive any claim I may have against Asian Classics Institute and any of our teachers for injury or damages that I may sustain as a result of participating in the program.
By coming to this event with the ASIAN CLASSICS INSTITUTE MEXICO, I will participate in classes, programs, retreats, and other volunteer opportunities. I agree to abide by the following guidelines:
1. Not harm living beings and protect life.
2. Not take anything not offered and protect others' property.
3. Not engage in any form of sexual misconduct and respect others' relationships.
4. Not lie and speak kindly.
5. Not possess or use alcohol/other illegal drugs/intoxicants
1. Not bring any weapons or use them at the event, which includes the venue and its property.
2. Not bring, use or consume any kind of intoxicant or illegal drug while at the event, including marijuana.
3. Not commit any kind of physical violence or threaten anyone with physical violence.
4. Not yell or swear, threaten, harass, intimidate, display intense anger or blatant rudeness toward another person.
5. Not bring any pets or animals.
6. Not disrupt a class or meeting, or threaten to do so.
7. Not cook or use fireworks, fires, candles, incense, matches, cigarettes, etc. – except in designated areas and with proper safety measures in place.
8. Not smoke cigarettes, pipes, etc., inside community buildings, residences, or cottages, and must be more than 20 feet from any building window or entrance, in accordance with Arizona State Law.
9. Use resources (water, power, phones, computers, cooking facilities, offices, housing, etc.) safely and responsibly, and in a courteous, hospitable manner.
0. Keep quiet times respectfully in all locations.
1. Avoid acting in ways that compromise the safety of other beings or property of Asian Classics Institute Mexico or the venue where the event is held.
2. Not bring children under the age of 16, unless written approval from Asian Classics Institute Mexico.
1. Affirm that I am of stable, healthy mind to attend this event.
2. Understand that if I am under current Psychiatric or Psychological care, I must remain under that care during the event and inform the Asian Classics Institute, Inc. that I am receiving care, and inform my care provider that I will be attending this event.
3. Understand that the Asian Classics Institute, Inc, including its Board Members, employees, vendors, clients, contractors, volunteers and all subsidiaries, are not licensed to provide any form of Psychiatric or Psychosocial care. If it is deemed necessary that I receive treatment during this event, or any circumstances arise that seem like care is needed, ACI will take appropriate actions, which may include referrals and/or termination of attendance at our programs.
4. If any incident history has been established at an ACI Mexico event, then we may ask you to provide additional information for your safety prior to attending any event, which may include a personal guarantor who will be responsible for you during an event. We may also require medical documentation that external support/treatment has been sought and treatment has been received before being permitted to return to an ACI Mexico event.
I understand that my failure to abide by the above guidelines may result in corrective action up to and including my eviction from an Asian Classics Institute, Inc event, and may result in a forfeiture of payments made to attend the event.
We know that there may be setbacks that prevent you from attending to the retreat, that is why we share our return policies and the steps to follow in case you want to cancel your assistance.
Return policies in case of cancellation:
With 30 days or more prior to the start of the event, return of 50% of the total cost.
Between 29 and 20 days before the start of the event, return of 25% of the total cost.
No return payment with less than 20 days prior to the start of the event.
Note, it is not allowed to transfer your place in this event, the person who is registered for the retreat is the one who must attend the event.
Note: Only health issues or mayor problems will be considered enough justification to get any refund. Only the organizers of the retreat have the authority to decide whether to apply the refund.
Steps to make a cancellation:
1. Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, commenting that you will not be able to attend the retreat and include the following information.
A) Name (s) of the person (s) who cancel their assistance.
B) Proof of payment.
C) Bank information to make the refund of the percentage corresponding to the days with which you cancel.
Note I: If this information is not sent at least 10 days before the start of the event, no refund will be made, even when you have notified with more time.
2. Soon the team will contact you and make the refund.